my first post!

 The best smoothie maker ever!

The BLENDTEC!
I am obsessed with this blender.  I bought it a couple weeks ago at Costco and have been making so many different delicious smoothies.

Today I'm going to share one of my usual smoothies I have in the morning.

Ingredients:

organic spinach (I buy mine for $3 at Costco): 1-2 cups
organic plain greek yogurt or organic wallabys vanilla yogurt (I just discovered wallabys yogurt, it tastes so good!)
frozen strawberries: 1 cup
1/2 banana
blueberries: 1/4 cup
flax seed (optional): 1 tbsp.  You can't taste it at all, it just adds in antioxidants to your smoothie
vanilla coconut milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk: add in as much as you want depending on how thick you want your smoothie.  If you want less calories use unsweetened vanilla almond milk.  Its about 40 calories per cup compared to 90 per cup with the coconut milk 
add in a couple ice cubes

This smoothie has around 350 calories, 19 grams of protein when you add the greek yogurt!  You will stay full for a long time on such a small amount of calories.  Protein, veggies, fruits all in one drink!

If you want your smoothie to taste more sugary I would just skip the milk and add in any kind of juice. 

 I made this smoothie yesterday and wasn't hungry for five hours.  I love putting spinach in because some days I just hate eating vegetables and won't eat any all day because it doesn't sound good.  Sneaking them in a smoothie is a great way to get in your veggies!



6 comments:

  1. Awesome Sam! Looks delicious... at Panera they actually use a Blendtec smoothie maker as well! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do something very similar but I love how frozen bananas make my smoothie creamy, then I don't have to use ice. I break a few bananas up on a cookie sheet then flash freeze them for a couple hours then put them in a zip lock bag in the freezer. I'm excited to follow your blog. I would love to design a header for you if you are interested. I have some other ideas for you too on food I'll show you on pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got you bookmarked and ready to go! BTW, I have Blendtec envy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marjorie that would be awesome! What ideas are on pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with green drinks. They are saving my health. This recipe sounds delicious! My mother-in-law told me she got me a blendtec for Christmas and I am SOOO excited. They aren't comparable to any other kind… except vitamin… but I still like blendtec more because they spin the food down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with green drinks too! They are awesome. I use my blendtec everyday! I bought a juicer and ended up returning it because it was so messy and you have to waist half of the fruits/vegetables. If I could only choose one kitchen item to keep it would be the blendtec.

      Delete