Day 5

Go without sugar for a day and find the high fructose corn syrup in your house.  

 Have fruit for dessert instead of cookies and ice cream.  Go through your pantry and fridge and see how many things say high fructose corn syrup on them.  Try to eliminate some of these items.  You will be surprised at how much of your food says high fructose corn syrup.  To make high fructose corn syrup glucose is genetically modified (by adding enzymes to it) to form fructose.  



All of these foods contain high fructose corn syrup:











Solutions:

Go through your pantry and fridge and get rid of at least a couple items that have high fructose corn syrup.  To start off you should get rid of your ketchup, peanut butter, and dressings.  Dressings always have a lot of high fructose corn syrup.  

Make your own dressing







All organic foods do not have high fructose corn syrup in them.  

When I first went through my entire fridge and pantry Jordan was yelling at me as I was throwing everything in the trash.  Everything I threw away he would say, "Oh come on, I love those!"  I only got half way through and decided to go through the rest of the pantry when he left for work the next day.  I had no idea how much of the foods that I buy had genetically modified glucose (high fructose corn syrup) in them.  

You will be shocked!  And then you might want to punch something like I did.  I was punching my pillow and yelling stupid government controls what I eat!  They are so stupid!  I hate them!  For my birthday next week Jordan wants to get me a punching bag.      

Read here about how high fructose corn syrup was first produced.  We didn't start putting high fructose corn syrup in our foods until the 1960s









4 comments:

  1. I think Heinz ketchup has no high fructose corn syrup in it. I can't remember though. Regardless, it's the one without the corn syrup that we buy! I feel better about letting Owen eat it. And those "more fruit" jams at Costco don't have any either, and they're freakin good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya i need to go to Costco soon to see if i can save a little money buying some stuff there. I'll have to look at the jams. I just made homemade jam this week, it was so good. A lot cheaper too. We will probably be using it for a couple weeks and it only cost 3 bucks to make

      Delete
  2. Oh man! that would be my pantry too haha! Thank you again for all your help Saturday-you are AWESOME ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anytime Amy! It was fun to see you and your stinkin cute kids.

      Delete