Make Your Own Gym for $100

I love finding new workout equipment to add to my little gym I made for myself.  Craigslist is definitely the way to go with most workout equipment.  You can get weights for more than half off.  This is a list of my top 5 workout items for making your own gym.  It will cost you only 100 dollars to make your own gym.  

Resistance band: $10 walmart

apex workout bench: $39 walmart

Pull up bar: walmart $19


40 Pound Weight set: walmart $20



Stability ball: $10 


 These are a couple things that I want to get soon:


wall ball: I use this every day at cross fit.  I want one so I can start doing cross fit at home.  


Kettle ball: also used every day at cross fit.  I found one for 35 dollars at walmart

Power tower: I found one on craigslist for 80, but I'll have to save up for this and find somewhere to put it.


Resistance band that hooks in door.  Walmart: $20


Since I started doing cross fit I realized that you don't even need a gym membership, in fact I get a better work out without one.  At the gym I would never sweat as much as I would at cross fit.  I like to make my own workouts I can do at home.  When we were at Lake Powell last weekend I made my sisters do cross fit with me on top of the house boat.  They were sore the rest of the trip and hated me haha.  

Here is my work out for the day!
-cardio: 30 minutes (swim laps) since I am obsessed with watching swimming on the olympics right now
-cross fit: 30 minutes

Here is the cross fit at home work out:

Warm up: Complete 2 rounds of:
-20 push ups
-20 squats
30 sit ups
100 jump ropes

The Work out: Put a timer on for 20 minutes and complete as many rounds as possible
-20 pull ups
-50 lunges (25 on each leg)
-30 sit ups
-10 burpees
-10 knees to chest
-20 leg raises

Notes:
what you will need for the work out: A pull up bar (20 dollars at walmart) or do push ups instead of pull ups.  For the pull ups I get a jumping start so that I can actually do 20 of them.  

Here are some videos of the exercises:
Knees to chest exercise:



burpees:







  

3 comments:

  1. Sam what do you do with the resistance band?? I have one but have no idea what to do with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I there are a couple exercises I use with the band. I found some good ones here http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw10.htm
      You can do a lot of exercises with it. Good idea for a next post!

      Delete
  2. Many thanks for the exciting blog posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you are a brilliant writer. I actually added your blog to my favorites and will look forward for more updates. Great Job, Keep it up..
    Open my own gym

    ReplyDelete