Update

Life has been so busy lately and I haven't had any motivation to blog.  This past weekend my best friends sister passed away.  And then the next day we found out a friend of my husband died in a bike race.  He has worked on his bike for the past year and a half.   He died in the  Lotoja bike race from Logan, Utah to Wyoming.  You can read two articles here and here.  I feel so bad for both families that lost loved ones this past weekend.  We have two funerals to go to this weekend.  It really made me think about how short life really is. So I think I have a pretty good excuse for taking a break from blogging.  Hopefully I'll get back into it after this crazy week passes.  

Here is something a little happier!  Here is a  good recipe I made from http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/.  I love this blog, it has a lot of good ideas and tons of recipes.  


Make your own ranch dip

Ingredients:
2 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried dill
1.5 tsp garlic powder
1.5 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp pepper
sour cream

Directions:
Mix all of the dry ingredients and store in a container until ready to eat dip.  Stir 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture with 1/2 cup sour cream

I doubled this recipe so I could have extra and use some to season tilapia with.

Snack ideas:
carrots and ranch dip
cucumbers and ranch dip
squash and ranch dip

side note: I am disgusted by school cafeteria lunches that the kids eat.  I work in an elementary school now and I can't believe the amount of ranch kids consume.  5 giant bottles each day I swear!  The kids ate a giant piece of fried chicken the other day, what on Earth are we feeding our kids??  My kids are always going to bring their lunch to school.  Hopefully they won't try to eat their friends lunches or trade with friends like my husband tried to do all the time.  

I think my goal should be to start a petition for a 7th grade nutrition class!  Nutrition should be taught in the schools.  I don't even understand why it isn't being done already.  They should make it a one semester required class for 7th grade or they could even do it as an elective.  

2 comments:

  1. Tons of people on my ward are intense bikers and did the Lotoja. I heard about the man who died, and it broke my heart. I wondered if some of my AZ family knew him. I hope his family is okay. So, so sad. Yes, take a break from blogging, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man. what horrible news. :( Sorry you guys have to go through all that!

    ReplyDelete