my favorite hummus recipe


my favorite hummus recipe


This recipe is soooo good.  It is my all time favorite.  I love making hummus because it is a lot cheaper and tastes a lot better than the hummus you buy at the store.  I have a hard time eating vegetables plan so I love making a thing of hummus at the beginning of each week to have with my vegetables.

Ingredients:
2 cups of garbanzo beans
1/3 cup organic tahini paste
8 TBSP  lemon juice (3 lemons)
paprika (for garnish)
2 garlic cloves
extra virgin olive oil (to add on top)
franks red hot sauce
salt

Directions:
add all of the ingredients except the olive oil, salt, paprika, and hot sauce to your food processor.
Next, add as much frank's red hot sauce as you like.  I add about 20 drops.  If you want it to be spicier add more.  Then mix for around a minute depending on how creamy you like your hummus.  I like mine extra creamy.  Then top with paprika for garnish and drizzle a tiny amount of extra virgin olive oil.  Add salt according to how much you like.



add all of the ingredients except the olive oil, salt, paprika, and red hot sauce.  Mix in a food processor until creamy.  I like my hummus extra creamy so I process it for about a minute.

Next add frank's red hot original sauce.  I add about 20 drops.  If you want it to be spicier add more.  I add more or less depending on what kind of hummus I'm craving.


Top with paprika and drizzle with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil.

It will last in the fridge for 5 days.

Enjoy!




frank's red hot sauce hummus

by Samantha Miller
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: snack side vegetarian vegan
Ingredients
  • Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of garbanzo beans (almost 2 cans)
  • 1/3 cup organic tahini paste
  • 8 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
  • paprika (for garnish)
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • extra virgin olive oil (to add on top)
  • franks red hot sauce (20 drops) Add more if you want it to taste spicy. I just like a hint of hot sauce in it.
  • salt
Instructions
Put all of the ingredients into a food processor except the salt, olive oil, and paprika and process until the hummus is pureed. I usually mix it for about a minute.
Add in salt according to how much you like.
Top the hummus with a small amount of olive oil and sprinkle paprika on the tope.
This will last about a week in the fridge.
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment